Child of God, you need to know what you have been given by God. 2Timothy 1: 7 says, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” This means that anything and everything that comes to make youfear or feel afraid is not from God and as a child of God, you must stand against it vehemently.
Furthermore, Isaiah 41: 10, is a direct word from the Lord- “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” For your information, this scripture is not an advice that you may choose not to take. It is a commandment from God. In that light, to fear is to deviate from the will of God. To fear is a lethal sin for it is written in Revelation 21:8, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, ……., and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
So what does God expect from us? He expects us to exhibit power, love and soundness of mind always. He expects us who have been made His righteousness to be “bold as a lion”Pr 28:1. He expects us to know that for everyday of the 365 days of the year plus for the additional 366th day of a leap year He has literally written it down in His word for you to FEAR NOT. Knowing this is not enough so He expects you to believe it and walk in that light everyday.
What is fear?
Fear is a tool of the devil. Like faith which comes by hearing the word of God, fear comes by hearing messages or seeing pictures or feeling sensations from te devil. Fear comes when the devil sows a wrong thought into your heart and you ignorantly or let it become your meditation untill it becomes a stronghold. When it becomes a stronghold, it begins to push the scriptures far away from your heart and those evil thoughts begin to multiply themselves in your heart like a computer worm or like cancer.
It is the forerunner of destruction sent by the devil in order to gain access into the life of the believer. The devil uses fear as the key to open the door into the heart of a believer in order to finish him. Before the devil carries out his plan, for example, to make a man fail in any venture, he first sows the seed of fear of failure in the heart of that man. If that man begins to entertain that thought of failure and allows it to fester in his heart, the devil now seizes the opportunity to set the machinery in motion that will see the man through to failure.
That was exactly what happened to Job. Job was an upright man. His uprightness was even noticed by God. His righteousness was so great that it seemed to defy Isaiah 64:6- “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;…” But Job by the devil, began to entertain the thought that his children were not as upright enough so he began to see how he could augument their shortcomings by making sacrifices for them. The more he sacrificed, the more he felt they were not good enough untill the afflictions came and they died violently. It was then we saw the real reason that Job had to weep bitterly for his loss- Job 3: 25- 26 “For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.” yes! The fear of death came to him and he responded by prayers and sacrifices but als, all his prayers and sacrifices were still done in fear, hence the destruction that came on him.
How do i conquer fear?
- Proverbs 4:23 says, “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.” You need to see the devil coming at you from afar and stop him before he completes his statements to you. R. V. Grant once said, “it is not your fault if the devil comes to knock at your door but it is your fault if you open the door and invite him in for dinner.” You need to stop the devil from gaining access into your heart. If any man, no matter how dear he may be to you comes to tell you he dreamt that you died or say some other negative thing, child of God, do’t let him finish. Stop him in his words and let him know that you are not the one. Tell him that you portion is with the living and successful and not among the dead and failing. Don’t let satan access to your heart. It is always better to keep fear out that to cast it out.
- Counter every negative thought, picture of feeling with the Word of God. You have to be loaded with, “it is written.” You have to “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; “(Col 3: 16) with the determination to use it more than the devil is using his own words. If the devil can use demonic words against you, you also have to use godly words against him. You have to repeat the word of God to yourself over and over again untill the word of God forms a firm stronghold, on your heart. If the devil comes to you and suggests to you that something bad will happen to you, you should remember to reply him scriptures like Lamentations 3: 37 “Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?”
- The Prayer of Faith. The prayer of faith, the bible says in James 5:15 “…shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up;” When you pray, you must believe in your prayer. If you do not believe in your own prayer to God, then indeed, fear will torment you (1 John 4: 18). I believe that I cannot pray in the name of Jesus and something does not happen. If I pray for someone and the berson does not believe, he may end up without a miracle but how can i pray for myself or my situation and yet refuse to believe? That indeed is like shooting oneself in the leg. God forbid. When you pray, BELIEVE!
- Take Action against your fear. You must learn to confront your fear. You have to be ready to do what you could not do before. The man at the pool of Bethesda moved against his fear by obeying the word of Jesus to ‘rise up take up your bed and walk.‘ If you will dare to face your fear, it will turn its back on you and run. Just try it and you will see that what you are reading now is true. What you are afraid of is also afraid of you. If you will overcome your fear of failure and start that business, you will make profit and grow in Jesus name.
- Praise God always. Yes! Praise is a fear destroyer. Praise is one sure way to tell the devil that your focus on God cannot be broken. Fear actually comes to make you remove your focus from God and then turn your focus on the devil. In life, it is what you focus on that has the most impact on you. If you focus on the devil, he will affect and afflict you but when you focus on God, He will affect you with blessings. Praise is a way of exalting God above every situation to this end that praisers will always be raised above all ugly situations, wether such situation are present or coming.
You are an overcomer. The devil will not have you in his books as one of his success stories in Jesus name. Remember- God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” Walk in this mindset always and win all the time in Jesus name.