Dearly beloved, there is a company to which you belong for your spiritual health and for you to be HEAVEN FOCUSED. (Acts 4:25, 1 Corinthians 15:33). You have to attend house fellowship for the following reasons:
- IT IS YOUR CLOSEST CHURCH. Matthew 2:11. A house cell is a place where Jesus is worshiped and where we give him our gifts (money and talents of singing, drama, care). This is our church away from the church.
- IT IS YOUR IMMEDIATE CARE AND SPIRIT BUILDING CENTRE. Acts 2:45, 46 “And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, KJV”. The immediate care of every believer is in the house fellowship. The pastor cannot know all, visit all and attend to all. Jethro said it will make the leader die before his time and make everyone tired. (Exodus 18:17, 18) it is for movement from house to house and warm fellowship.
- IT IS BIBLICAL TO DO SO.: Hebrews 10:25. This passage says we should NEVER NEGLECT or forsake the assembling of ourselves together. DO NOT COPY those who do so. But exhort one another. It will keep you in the faith until the day of Christ’s appearing.
- I CAN EASILY PUT MY GIFT TO WORK HERE.: Colossians 3:16 and Ephesians 5:19 tells us to fellowship so that the words of Christ can dwell in us RICHLY through teaching, admonition, psalms, hymns, spiritual songs and singing with grace. Here you can start, put to work and develop yourself.
- SERVE GOD MORE EFFECTIVELY. Matthew 25:40. Jesus said your services to the least of all people is serving Jesus face-to-face. There is a lot of deception in the crowd. It is the little, little CELL UNITS that make up the body. One way to serve God very well is in cell centre and from there get promoted to greater works. Luke 16:10.
- LEADERSHIP POTENTIAL DISCOVERED. Acts 16:1-4. Timothy who later became a bishop was discovered in a house fellowship centre in a quarter at Lystra and Iconium. From here he became a pastor then bishop. Your potentials will be developed from here and your destiny unfold.
- SPIRITUAL COVERING FOR OUR SOUL. Ezekiel 34:1-5, Genesis 3:8, Ecclesiastes 4:9. From this passage you discover that the house cell will provide spiritual coverage, oversight of your soul and bonding for spiritual strength. Two are better than one, so this fellowship will make your life better. God bless you.
Bishop (Dr.) John Ibenu