For some time now, Mark 11: 1-6 has been a ringing burden in my heart. That was the day Jesus made His triumphal entry into Jerusalem. It is written there from verse 2- 4 that He “..saith unto them, Go your way into the village over against you: and as soon as ye be entered into it, ye shall find a colt tied, whereon never man sat; loose him, and bring him. And if any man say unto you, Why do ye this? say ye that the Lord hath need of him; and straightway he will send him hither. And they went their way, and found the colt tied by the door without in a place where two ways met; and they loose him.”
The points to ponder upon here are these:
- We are a people on an assignment. You cannot call yourself someone who has been empowered as a son of God (john 1: 12) if you cannot serve His cause. We are not just called and saved, we are called to be saviors and to serve as saviors (Obadiah 1: 21). We are not called to bear names or carry titles, we are called to serve the Lord.
- Our assignment is to loose men from every bondage, distraction, etc. of the enemy and bring them to the Lord so they can fulfil Ephesians 2: 10 (For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.) God is passionate about men. Jesus made it clear before He left, “…he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16: 15). These are people who the devil wants to live wasted lives, never attaining to their divine destinies. Their divine abilities have never been tapped. The devil is using some of them to serve his own purpose but they are unable to fulfil their true purpose. They are like the lady in Songs of Solomon 1:6 “Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother’s children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept”. We must go and lose them in the name of the Lord so they can begin to fulfil their callings.
- The devil and his men will oppose us and try to stop us. They will ask us why and who gave us the audacity to preach to people or help people find their true bering in Christ Jesus. When they do, do not say, ‘I am trying to do good’. You must remember to tell the devil, ‘I am on the Lord’s assignment’. You must remember, it is not by might nor by power but by the Spirit of the Lord. You are always blessed when you come in the name of the Lord. Letting the devil know that you are a sent man is your key to victory in soul winning. The word of the Lord will keep them shut and they won’t be able to stop us from carrying out our assignment
- We must take note that the people we are going for are at the place where two roads met as mark puts it in the scripture we are focusing on. They cannot take decision on their own to go to the left or right. They are confused in the valley of decision. They cannot move forward in life. They need us to come to them. If only we will be willing to go them, they are ‘losable’. They can be delivered. They can be healed. They can be set free. We can lose them and bring them to the master. We cannot give up on anybody. Jesus is sending us to all men; to bring them to Him. If we will, He will use them for His glory and the world will become a better place. We are not losing them to take glory in or for ourselves. We are bringing them to Jesus and their lives which hitherto had been dominated by shame and pain will become glorious. Anyone and anything we place in the hand of the Lord will definitely prosper and grow and become honorable. Jesus rode on that colt for just a day but when it comes to men, He says, in Matthew 28: 20, “lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.” When it comes to us, He never leaves us. When it comes to a man He has saved, He says in John 6:37, “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.”
- Finally, it is good to ‘go ye into all the world’ but it is always best to go to the people the Lord sends you to. The disciples were sent to a particular place. The great commission is both a general and a specific assignment. This is why we must seek God’s face diligently in prayer asking for direction to the place where the field ripe for harvest. As we seek to carry out His will, we must engage Him in prayer for direction. We must also be truly passionate for souls. Without passion for souls, you may not be able to pray effectively for souls. The colts of our generation are the sons of the bond woman, our brothers the muslims, pagans and nominal Christians. All these are waiting to be loosed. You are the one God is waiting for, to send. There is blessing in going. It is a sign of wisdom to win souls.
Beloved, on your marks, get ready, GO.