Can you imagine talking to your father or a close friend and after bearing your mind over a very pertinent issue, he refuses to respond, as if he were deaf or absent minded. You would feel embarrassed, neglected and forsaken. That is what most Christians feel when their sincere heartfelt prayers are not answered by God.
They begin to wonder if this is not the God who said in Jeremiah 33: 3, “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.”
You see you must know that He remains the same. He never changes. Hebrews 13:8 says, “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.” He is still the God of the bible. He is still generous and kind and He still answers prayers but there are quite a number of things which may hinder your prayers which make it, as it were, impossible to get your desired results. These are a few of them
- Sin (Isaiah 59: 1).
- Guilt over past sins
- Doubts (Mark 11: 23).
- Ignorance (Hosea 4: 6).
- Disunity in the church and at home (1Pe 3:7).
- Unforgiving spirit (Matthew 6: 12).
- Prayerlessness and lack of fasting (Mark 9:29).
- Listening to doubtful people and people with wrong opinions (Numbers 13:33)
- Nonpayment of tithe and refusal to give freely (Psalm 50: 14- 15).
- Wrong confessions (Numbers 13:32- 33; 2Kings 3: 10- 11).
- Despising your man of God (2Chron 20: 20; 2Kings 2: 23- 24).
- Lack of faith in and understanding of the blood of Jesus (Hebrews 10: 19).
- Not cooperating with the Holy Spirit. (Romans 8: 14- 16).
- Princes and Powers of the land (Daniel 10: 2-).
As you begin to amend your ways and put these things into practice, you will experience success in the place of prayer in Jesus name.