God’s word for you today is that He will help you beyond your own efforts. Even when your best is not enough to give you a safe landing, God says he will help you. He says in. Isaiah 44:2, “Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen” he still says in Jeremiah 30: 17, “…I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.”
Peter and his colleagues had labored all night in Luke 5: 1-7 and the day broke on them with NOTHING in their hands. They knew what to do but what they knew to do was not enough that day to give them a breakthrough. But here comes Jesus into the picture and the tables turned for their good as they took advantage of His word. That day, they achieved in the day time what they had never achieved in the night. I know that a supernatural harvest is about to happen in your life in Jesus name.
You must know that there will be times when your best will not be enough and it could tend towards discouragement and giving up on life. When your best is not good enough and you do not know what to do, you must take of these five points:
- DON’T GIVE UP; God has all it takes to help you: Failure or disappointment is not an excuse or reason to turn your back on your dreams. Disappointment is a test of your thirst for success; pass it by showing determination. Victory is not for those who give up; it is for those who believe and believe again, those who against hope, believe in hope. Resounding success is not for those who always get what they want when they want it. It for those who believe that what they desire will be accomplished and so hang on, trying again and again until it happens. It is your ability to keep at it, being convinced that you will be victorious that makes you a great success. One mindset you must carry always is this, ‘it is not over until I win’.
Peter did not walk away from his fishing boat in frustration. He and his colleagues were washing their nets. They were preparing for another outing that night. They had labored and failed all night but they were ready to go out again that night. Don’t give up because of disappointment.
The only thing you must take note of is that you must never go out on your own again. Go out with God for it is He alone that is able and willing to turn your experience around for good. Don’t give up.
- LOOK TO JESUS: As much as determination is good, it will end in frustration if you depend on your efforts alone. Proverbs 3: 5- 7 says, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes…” The Psalmist cried out to God in Psalm 108:12, “Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man”.
- GET THE WORD: In our lead scripture, the people were pressing on Jesus. They looked up to Jesus because they believed He had a word to say that would change the entire outlook of their lives. The word of God is the key to closed doors. God heals and delivers by the word of His mouth. Psalms107: 20 says, “He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions”. It is the word of God that creates and recreates. Genesis 1: 3 says, “And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.” The word of God is profitable for excelling in all that pertains life and godliness. 2Ti 3:16 says, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” The word is the authority of the believer. Until you get the word, you cannot be in charge of the god of this world and the world itself. Jesus overcame the devil just by telling the devil the word He had gotten. He said again and again, “it is written” and the bible testifies that “the devil leaveth Him”. It takes the word to put you in charge.
- ACT THE WORD: The word is not given to prove how excellent your memory is. It is given for action. You do not get the best by quoting scriptures out of context. You get victory by acting on the word you have got. “Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught” was all that Peter heard and in spite of his tendency to argue, he succumbed to the word.
As a believer, do not expect the word of God to always sound reasonable. In fact, it will not most of the time. You only need to acknowledge the source of the word. If it is from Jesus, then it cannot fail no matter how foolish it may sound. Acting on the word is faith and when you please God by your show of faith, miracles are inevitable. Victory is assured when we act on the word. The widow in 2Kings 4 acted on God’s word via Elisha and her frustration turned around
- EXPECT A MIRACLE: Don’t just act on the word as if you are being pressurized. I hear people say things like, ‘they said we should say it is well’. It is not what they said we should say. It is what God expects us to say no matter how bad things are. Joel 3: 10 says, “…let the weak say, I am strong.” God knows how weak you are but He needs you to say something else because God wants you to say your expectation and not your experience.
Act on the word with expectation. Peter acted on what Jesus said and he got a testimony. He caught more than enough fish for him and his colleagues just by acting in expectation. He told Jesus, ‘if we didn’t have a catch in the night, there cant be hope now but I will do it because you have said I should’. He expected a miracle.
Give offering with expectation of experiencing Luke 6: 38, “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom.”
Act on the word to “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature “and expect to share the testimony in Luke 10: 17, “And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.”
Don’t just be an actor, act on the word in view of the faithfulness of God.
Your best may not be enough. The best of your helpers may not be enough. Your money may not even be able to give you the best but God cannot fail to give you the best. Just believe.